Saturday, November 7, 2009

“He’ll be an engineer…”

This week I was tutoring a fellow engineer at my work. He was working on a statics problem, and asked me to help him figure it out. I am pretty good at statics, but because he is a civil engineer they take the whole "statics" thing a bit seriously. We went through the mathematical definitions of moments of inertia in his book, we looked through his notes and we figured it out. BUT, there was one portion of the solution that I didn't understand. He was my last tutee of the night; so after we finished I went home and forgot about it.

Then I went to sleep.

Whilst I was in the magical world of sleep, I began to dream about the problem. In my sleep I finished solving the problem. Yes, I have begun to legitimately do math in my sleep. Oh brother!

In honor of my recent accomplishment I have decided to share this video. May heaven help me.


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow... math in your sleep! That might be called a nightmare...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha phil that dilbert is awesome!!! and i'm impressed. i don't think i do anything even remotely intellectual in my sleep...

    ReplyDelete