Friday, December 25, 2009

High Fives for Lo-Fi


High Fives for Lo-Fi was made by myself, Jonny Pena, Chris Smith and Nate Noble. Here's the basic run down. Ever since I was 14 years old I have always wanted to record an album of songs that I have written and then give it out to friends and family. This year it happened. I have been writing songs for a while and have collected a fair few. Around November I decided that I wanted to actually record them and make an album to give out for Christmas. My original plan was to record them on my computer through Audacity and ship out a super Lo-Fi recording. However, I soon met Nate and found out that he and his Dad built a legit recording studio in his house. Ka Ching!!! So we set up a plan to record some stuff and see how it turned out.

I went over and threw down 9 guitar tracks in one day, and decided that it would sound better with some drums and base added in. I contacted my jamming buddies JP (Jonny) and Chris and asked them to be a part of it. They were super pumped and started working on some beats off the guitar tracks I gave them. The three of us only jammed together once and I jammed with each of them two or three times individually over the next two weeks. We came, we saw, we recorded. In about two weeks we had the whole thing finished off. It was ridiculously hectic because we had a deadline of December 17th (last day of finals) so that I could mail it off to some friends and family. Each of the guys were amazing and made sacrifices to get it done because we did almost all the recording during finals week. We cut out two songs that were originally recorded because we didn't have time to finish them, but we wrote and recorded the last track on the album in less than 24 hours on a whim. All in all it was a hurricane and I can best describe it as the most hectically fun thing I have ever done. It's not perfect, but we're all pretty proud of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment